Re: [Taler] Translation conventions German

From: Sheogorath
Subject: Re: [Taler] Translation conventions German
Date: Mon, 04 May 2020 20:12:58 +0200

On Sun, 2020-05-03 at 16:58 +0200, Christian Grothoff wrote:
> I'm looking at news papers like heise.de, zeit.de or spiegel.de. The
> typical political articles there are not gendered. Universities and
> political action groups follow a different logic. Scientific articles
> are hardly the yardstick for readability we should try to emulate for
> the Website.

For journalism there are guidelines by the Deutscher Journalismus
Verband, the largest journalist organization in Europe.[1] This might
be a source for potential guidelines for the translation as well.

[1]:
https://www.djv.de/startseite/info/themen-wissen/chancengleichheit-diversity/diskriminierungsfreie-sprache.html

--
Signed