Re: [Tinycc-devel] tcc problems on FBSD 4.8 and patch

From: Peter \"Firefly\" Lund
Subject: Re: [Tinycc-devel] tcc problems on FBSD 4.8 and patch
Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2003 23:53:54 +0200 (MEST)

On Tue, 22 Apr 2003, Billy wrote:

> > changing the semantics to me.  You must have a glibc like malloc module
                                                   ^^^^^^^^^^

> > anyway for it to work.
> >
> > (__malloc_hook and friends are defined in malloc.h)
>
> Actually no.  FreeBSD doesn't use glib (unless you have linux compat

glibc like malloc module as in "malloc module similar to what's in glibc".

> installed).  __const is declared in sys/cdefs.h, but your supposed
> include it useing stdlib.h.  malloc.h is deprecated on freebsd.

Is there any other way to get at __malloc_hook or similar on FreeBSD than
through malloc.h?

(never used FreeBSD  myself)

-Peter

We bomb for peace on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays.  We bring democracy by
bypassing
the UN voting process on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays...- Rogerborg