Re: [Tinycc-devel] I'm writing a Chinese article introducing TCC ...

From: ZHAO Wei
Subject: Re: [Tinycc-devel] I'm writing a Chinese article introducing TCC ...
Date: Sun, 08 Jun 2003 23:21:42 +0800

If you reply, please Cc: me! Thanks!

Fabrice Bellard wrote:
tcc looks for stddef.h in /usr/local/lib/tcc/include. So the best thing to do is 'make install' before trying to do that. You can also force tcc to look for stddef.h and other related files in the current directory with:

tcc -I. -B. -run tcc.c

I see. I will do the test again later. I've already had the binary tcc installed in /usr/bin. the problem is that I can't have the source program installed along side, that means when I do tcc -run tcc.c, the second incarnation of tcc as run in the source form will have difficulty with the paths.

Me wonder if there is a cleaner solution for this. But the command line arguments if it works is just fine :)

Doing small C scripts with the '#!' syntax should be interesting too. Look at ex1.c.

Already done! :)

The point is that I want to present to my readers some benefits of using or playing with tcc, that some problems can be easily solved, or be more fun with tcc's scriptability instead of a usual compile and link style of development.

Besides the hello, world! in ex1.c I was also planning some string management examples. I'd like to know some more interesting examples that I can present to my readers. Thanks!

I want to do something like the following. Of course I cannot do this right now. I'm hoping to do some patches for this. But I'd like to hear your opinions. :)

$ zcat tcc.c.gz | tcc -run -

Currently '-' as filename is not supported.

Yes I know, I was planning to add this to tcc, what's your idea?

Thank you!
zw

P.s. If you reply to me, please Cc: me! Thank you! :)