Re: [Tinycc-devel] TinyCC-PE

From: grischka
Subject: Re: [Tinycc-devel] TinyCC-PE
Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2005 00:33:36 +0200

Fabrice Bellard wrote:
> I commited in the CVS most of your patches.
Yep, just saw it, cool!

> - the dllexport visibility logic in the st_other ELF symbol field is not
> merged yet. Maybe using the ELF visibility stuff would be better, but I
> don't know how gcc 3.4.x handles it (is dllexport equivalent to
> visibility("default") ?).
I guess 'dllexport' is even more visibility than 'default'. Well, looking
into the  'coff' objects from the mingw assembler it seems like it
has a special section with just linker options in plain text like:
"-export:symbol ...".

> Moreover I don't like using st_other as the dll index.
Right, a cheap solution, also ;)

> - What are your other patches in the preprocessor ?
It's something with macro expansion, the test example is here at the bottom:
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/tinycc-devel/2005-04/msg00005.html

Actually be warned I was not really shure what I was doing there. All
I did was running the tcctest.c afterwards, which seemed ok, still.

--- grischka