Re: [Tinycc-devel] Tiny C for DOS

From: Felix Nawothnig
Subject: Re: [Tinycc-devel] Tiny C for DOS
Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2005 01:23:20 +0200

(back to tcc-devel)

Hanzac Chen wrote:
Are you sure about that? The Win32 port already generates COFF objects
so what else do we need except a new CRT? Maybe it's possible to use the
DJGPP CRT even?
Yes. I tried that last year. Using the DJGPP to compile it doesn't
need some extra efforts. I used it to generate ELFs.

No, I mean maybe it's possible to do:

C:\>tcc-pe.exe -c foo.c -o foo.obj
C:\>some-coff-linker.exe foo.obj djgpp-crt*.obj -o foo.exe

BTW: Win32 COFF and DJGPP COFF are differenct in the relocation type 6
(absolute reloc).

Well, I guess we can adapt the Win32 port to support DJGPP COFF...

You'd have to use a third-party linker until TCC supports generation of
16-bit EXEs though.
I don't think that TCC will generate 16-bit EXEs. 'cause 16-bit code
generation is different.

I mean MZ EXEs, not 16-bit code (just linking support).

Nevertheless... hacking in support for the tiny/small model shouldn't be too hard.

Felix