Re: [Tinycc-devel] TCC on ARM

From: Rob Landley
Subject: Re: [Tinycc-devel] TCC on ARM
Date: Fri, 1 Dec 2006 14:07:47 -0500

On Friday 01 December 2006 11:10 am, Hanzac Chen wrote:
> Haven't you checked the souce code libtcc1.c:
>
> #if defined(__i386__)
> #define sub_ddmmss(sh, sl, ah, al, bh, bl) \
> ... ...
> #else
> #error unsupported CPU type
> #endif
>
> You have to provide some arm assembly to replace the i386 ones ...
> since you want to have a tcc targeted to arm cpu.

Now I'm curious.  Why would this matter?  The target is already a supported
target, and the produced output is the same no matter what platform the
program runs on: it shouldn't matter if the program generates a .gif or an
executable binary for the commodore 64 from BASIC source code.

The only way this _can_ matter is if A) this sub_ddmmss() thing runs on the
host, not on the target (in which case, why the heck is it assembly?), B) the
test is wrong and confusing host with target.

Rob
--
"Perfection is reached, not when there is no longer anything to add, but
when there is no longer anything to take away." - Antoine de Saint-Exupery