Re: [Tinycc-devel] Eliminate bogus warnings

From: Rob Landley
Subject: Re: [Tinycc-devel] Eliminate bogus warnings
Date: Fri, 11 May 2007 19:40:24 -0400

On Thursday 10 May 2007 4:27 pm, Philippe Ribet wrote:
> David A. Wheeler wrote:
>
> >Here's a patch that makes a vast number of bogus warnings compilation go
away when tcc is compiled by gcc.  There are currently so many warnings that
you can't notice when an important one gets added.

> I think it's a good idea to have no warning. It helps discovering new
> problems and it make the project look much more serious.

I agree with the goal, but I'd been hoping to do this without inserting large
numbers of typecasts that may hide future problems.  Hmmm...

One thing that worries me in the current code is that if you compile
with -funsigned-char, the resulting version of tcc doesn't work right.

Ok, three patches to deal with.  Off to look at 'em more closely...

Rob