Re: [Tinycc-devel] TCC built using NOSTDLIB crashes on linux

From: grischka
Subject: Re: [Tinycc-devel] TCC built using NOSTDLIB crashes on linux
Date: Sat, 2 Feb 2008 13:25:50 +0100

From: "Rob Landley":

> ... I managed to learn enough to get mingw installed under wine, so
> I have a windows native development environment I can use to build
> win32 binaries under an emulator, and can thus now test the tinycc
> win32 output and win32 host modes over in my version.

TCC in win32 mode hasn't anything to do with mingw actually, except
that we borrowed some of their header files. However as to making
runnable win32 binaries it is completely selfcontained from only
what comes with its own (e.g. CVS) source tree, and that both
natively under windows as well as cross-wise from, for instance,
linux.

> ... assumptions that don't apply to windows, where executable
> is basically statically linked as far as system libraries go ..

erm, by 'statically' here you meant 'dynamically' ?

--- grischka