Re: [Tinycc-devel] libtcc problems

From: grischka
Subject: Re: [Tinycc-devel] libtcc problems
Date: Sun, 12 Apr 2009 00:24:24 +0200

fsw.fb wrote:
grischka wrote:
address@hidden wrote:
Thank you very much for your help.

Got the newest files from git (...manually - have problems with tortoise-git)

Manually?  There are links for snapshots (.zip / .tar.gz) on
    http://repo.or.cz/w/tinycc.git

The problem is that the zipped file has not the latest changes, but the files are dated December 2008. You said your libtcc example works with current, so I tried to get the current files.

I still have no idea what you meant by "manually".

Git in general seems not to be very Windows friendly, can't get TortoiseGIT to download anything...

Works fine for me.  Of course first you need a "msysgit"
that works.  Then this should work:
        git clone git://repo.or.cz/tinycc.git
And then TortoiseGIT should work too.

Also are there special rules to compile libtcc.dll?

Well, it's possible but not supported currently.

Would be nice if everything that belongs to the tcc package would be compilable out of the "source code" box.

Since when does a libtcc.dll belong to the tcc package?

--- grischka