Re: [Tinycc-devel] Basic patch for passing W9X short DOS paths to TCC.

From: lostgallifreyan
Subject: Re: [Tinycc-devel] Basic patch for passing W9X short DOS paths to TCC.
Date: Tue, 14 Apr 2009 18:47:53 +0100

grischka <address@hidden> wrote:
(14/04/2009 18:18)

>Ivo wrote:
>> Why don't you just implement gcc's -x command line option instead of this
>> ifdeffery? It's also useful on other platforms and it solves the .s/.S
>> problem, too:
>>
>> -x c
>> -x cpp-output
>> -x assembler
>> -x assembler-with-cpp
>>
>> etc...
>>

>I wouldn't say no if we can get it.
>
>However that wouldn't stop windows users from asking why they
>can't type "TCC FILE.C", I'm afraid.

Nope, probably not. But they wouldn't have to ask if it were GCC, because those
paths work there. This is why I kept it simple. This patch is not trying to do
clever things, just meant to reduce what you seem to want reduced. If you
decided to add it, that MIGHT stop those questions in future. No way to be sure
it won't cause others but they'd be fewer, and come from people who'd
progressed far enough to ask more interesting questions.