Re: [Tinycc-devel] Basic patch for passing W9X short DOS paths to TCC.

From: Joshua Phillips
Subject: Re: [Tinycc-devel] Basic patch for passing W9X short DOS paths to TCC.
Date: Wed, 15 Apr 2009 13:21:53 +0000

TCC can only compile C. If it were to be able to compile C++, it would need a
lot more work (it would need to compile C++ language features: classes,
templates, etc. etc.). Since it's still rather buggy at being a C compiler,
extending it to compile C++ probably wouldn't be very helpful.
Secondly, C++ is not a superset of C. It is more like an extension of C. C++
made some changes to the semantics of the C bits (for example, implicit casts
of void pointers) which were necessary for other features of C++ to work. So,
it is not true that *any* C program is a valid C++ program, although some are
(i.e. there is a large common subset).