Re: [Tinycc-devel] can't build mob branch on x86 64

From: grischka
Subject: Re: [Tinycc-devel] can't build mob branch on x86 64
Date: Fri, 04 Feb 2011 21:32:16 +0100

Thomas Preud'homme wrote:
Yes but how to detect that alloca is available to define TOK_alloca?

Why do you need to detect that?  Basically we don't detect "memcpy"
either and still use it for structure assignemts.

tcctest.c is not part of the tcc source code and hence never
defines "TOK_alloca" (and ahould not).
So same problem, previously only __i386__ and __x86_64__ were tested. Do you have an advice for that?

What was wrong with that?  After all tcctest.c is to test tcc, here
in particular tcc's implementation of alloca, which exists for
__i386__ and __x86_64__ (see lib/).

I guess for the test we could detect at runtime thanks to dlopen/dlsym but it seems like overkill solution.

Overkill in the sense that it would not work ;) (alloca is most
likely not in a dynamic library).

By the way, there is a couple of bugs that could be closed in the savannah BTS, namely #30457 [1] , #23851 [2], #13213 [3]. Some other bugs might also be closed as well I think, like #15366 [4].

Thanks.

--- grischka

Best regards,

Thomas Preud'homme