[Tinycc-devel] Set the stack size of an executable

From: Thomas Mertes
Subject: [Tinycc-devel] Set the stack size of an executable
Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2011 09:06:36 +0200

Hello.

Is there a tcc option to set the stack size of an executable?

I compiled my project (http://seed7.sourceforge.net) with
tcc version 0.9.25 under Windows and Linux. Most things
work, but some programs crash, because the stack is too
small (I am quite sure it is a stack size problem. You can
save the time to tell me about endless recursions, etc. ).
Compilers/linkers usually have a possibility to set the stack
size. For Windows + MinGW gcc I use the option:

  -Wl,--stack,4194304

Other compilers have similar options. A solution which
uses gcc as linker would not be helpful, since I want to
provide a makefile for people who just have tcc installed.

Greetings Thomas Mertes

--
Seed7 Homepage:  http://seed7.sourceforge.net