Re: [Tinycc-devel] const_wanted

From: grischka
Subject: Re: [Tinycc-devel] const_wanted
Date: Mon, 01 Aug 2011 01:19:54 +0200

Thomas Preud'homme wrote:
I knew you would answer something like this. That's why I didn't apply the patch straight forward.

You did not apply the patch because you knew it doesn't work? ;)

I've just found this commit when searching for what made the bug disappear. The "else if" should not have been removed, just the message changed. Is that ok if I put back the if else with the message you want? Sorry to annoy you, I'm sure it would be faster for Joe or you to patch it right away but I'm trying to learn in the process.

Since there is logically no difference between
    else if (!local_stack)
        error("..."):
and the patch that you already suggested
    if (cur_text_section == NULL)
        error("...");
I must assume that you already know that both will equally well
not work. ;)

I'd just like to know if you would agree to add a --multiarch-

Sure, yes.

If it is too troublesome to pass all stuff between configure and
make, you could just write the paths into config.h directly from
configure.  Do as you see fit.

I have decided to push the patch for tcc:
   http://repo.or.cz/w/tinycc.git/commitdiff/df9cce24

Hope you find it useful (and that I haven't messed up too much).

As a sideeffect TCC now supports colon separated strings also with
     -L and -I
which is slightly unusual but I think it is  acceptable as long
as it doesn't cause problems (which I don't see).

--- grischka