Re: [Tinycc-devel] Extension to C language

From: Basile Starynkevitch
Subject: Re: [Tinycc-devel] Extension to C language
Date: Thu, 31 May 2012 22:45:15 +0200

On Thu, 31 May 2012 22:33:29 +0200
grischka <address@hidden> wrote:

> grischka wrote:
> > I tend to agree here with what Christian Jullien wrote:
> >
> >> I’m however against any C extensions that has no roots in C standard.
> [...]
>
> I wouldn't however mind at all an extension to TinyCC that allows to
> add language extensions as some sort of plugins.  If someone wants
> to undertake that s/he has my okay, even if it is just because I have
> no idea how it could be done.

One could imagine that TinyCC would offer the ability of accepting plugins.
Then such
extensions (in particular builtins) could be implemented by plugins, without
requiring
changes in core TinyCC.

For what it's worth, GCC (4.6 or later) has such plugins.

Regards.

*** opinions {are only mine, sont seulement les miennes} ***