Re: [Tinycc-devel] [ RFC] About packing two infos in a long v2

From: Thomas Preud'homme
Subject: Re: [Tinycc-devel] [ RFC] About packing two infos in a long v2
Date: Sat, 10 Nov 2012 17:24:02 +0100

Le samedi 10 novembre 2012 17:14:48, Thomas Preud'homme a écrit :
> Le samedi 10 novembre 2012 16:33:33, Daniel Glöckner a écrit :
> > Can we assume GOT entries are aligned to 2 bytes on all architectures?
>
> It's the case for i386, amd64 and arm EABI at least. The first patch I
> proposed only assumed that it's aligned on 2 bytes at least for arm which
> was true. But indeed, this new version assume it's the case for all
> architectures. Can c67, il or arm OABI GOT entries be byte aligned? If
> yes, I'll use the first version of the patch.

Mhh sorry, I work only on UNIXish systems and I tend to forgot about other
systems. Hovewer since bl offset precision is a half-word, at least on arm I'm
sur a GOT entry for a function can't be less than half-word aligned. Since the
first patch only set the lowest bit in case of a GOT entry for a function,
that is fine.

I'll thus revert to the first version.

Thanks for your input

Thomas