Re: [Tinycc-devel] test failure on Linux

From: grischka
Subject: Re: [Tinycc-devel] test failure on Linux
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2013 23:02:48 +0100

Thomas Preud'homme wrote:
Indeed, for now we already need gcc for compiling a few files in tcc.

But no.

    ./configure --cc=tcc && make

does not use any gcc and works just fine for me (on 32/64 bit linuxes
and MSYS)  You can then do

    make install

and then repeat compiling tcc with a tcc (and libtcc1.a) compiled
by tcc.  (which as expected is slightly slower).

but that would be nice to be able to compile only with cc. Isn't there something similar with the MSYS tools?

Actually we can skip the whole thing for mingw32:

    if test -z "$cross_prefix" -a "$mingw32" = "no"; then
        libc_dir="$(ldd ...

While at it, can't we use the elf-interp from the ldd output, too?

--- grischka