Re: [Tinycc-devel] Do we want a BSD license for tinycc?

From: u-tcc-uepj
Subject: Re: [Tinycc-devel] Do we want a BSD license for tinycc?
Date: Thu, 2 May 2013 10:37:58 +0000

Hello,

Not being a tcc developer, but a software maintainer/"packager",
I am tempted to suggest that BSD license is a better way to go.

>From my perspective I'd like to skip the additional worry about which
programs can be linked to which libraries and "how".

I dislike dynamic linking for technical reasons (too much complexity,
artificial limitations and side effects, many times for no gain). Then,
I dislike licenses which force me to use inferior/inappropriate technical
means.

BSD license makes the software easier to package / deliver, which
can make a big difference in certain cases.

Cheers,
Rune