[Tinycc-devel] Compiling tcc for use in a static environment

From: Steve Kemp
Subject: [Tinycc-devel] Compiling tcc for use in a static environment
Date: Tue, 08 Apr 2014 16:17:09 +0100

  I'm in the middle of building a rescue-system, and I would
 like to be able to include a simple compiler within that
 environment.

  Ideally I'd like to see tcc compiled against uclibc, or
 musl, however despite coming across prior art I've been
 unsuccessful at making the thing work.

  For example this link:
    http://pts-mini-gpl.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/pts-tcc/

  Contains a small diff, and a recipe, but for me that fails
 to link.

  Using musl I got as far as compiling tcc, but the generated
 binaries themselves fail to link:

$ /opt/tcc/bin/tcc t.c
tcc: error: file 'crt1.o' not found
tcc: error: file 'crti.o' not found

  At this point I'm taking a step back and asking if there
 are any existing recipes for building a static compiler
 that can be used in a static-only environment (with no ldd
 or linker present).

Steve