[Tinycc-devel] RE :Re: VLA implementation

From: Christian JULLIEN
Subject: [Tinycc-devel] RE :Re: VLA implementation
Date: Tue, 10 Nov 2015 09:05:59 +0100 (CET)

Hi, as C11 allows VLA I don't see any reasons to warn when it is used.
However, as some tcc backend (like ARM) don't currently support VLA, a C code working code on x86 will fail on ARM.
It's more an issue with ARM backend than with VLA.
It would be nice for tcc to behave the same for all backends it supports.
If only some backends support a feature, this feature should be available with an option (e.g. --vla).

If some backend have HW limitation (e.g. no more than 4K), tcc should detect this limit and display a warning if it does not apply for the current backend or raise an error if it apply (e.g. ARM).

My2c

C.