Re: [Tinycc-devel] complex types

From: Mads
Subject: Re: [Tinycc-devel] complex types
Date: Tue, 24 Nov 2015 15:50:07 +0100

As a user of TCC for scientific computing, I would embrace any (even partial) implementations of complex types. From previous threads I had the impression that complex types had no priority since the complex number abstraction can be dealt with using regular functions (although inconvenient, especially for certain functions).

~Mads

This is the last patch I have queued up. It lays the foundations for
complex types but doesn't build anything very useful on them. Some
notes are added in "TODO" explaining how I think complex types could
be implemented, and there's a test added for the bit that is
implemented.

The first question to ask is whether complex types would be welcome in
TCC. The second question is whether a patch that only implements part
of complex types is worth committing.

What do people think?