[Tinycc-devel] Speed of development of a compiler.

From: AlexandreFressange
Subject: [Tinycc-devel] Speed of development of a compiler.
Date: Tue, 24 Nov 2015 17:09:19 +0100

Hello,

I saw the dates on the tcc page and wonder how much time it *realistically*
take to create a compiler supporting one simple language like C (but not C) and
two architectures (x86_64 and arm).

The optimizing part is obviously the biggest "issue" (<-> skills). I hack
kernels and have a pretty good understanding of the optimizations out there and
low level stuffs. As well as readings on the compiler optimization subject.

There isn't one answer to this question, really. I basically need your
experience/opinion on this. From insiders.

Thanks

--
Alex