[Tinycc-devel] Compiling TCC on Windows

From: address@hidden
Subject: [Tinycc-devel] Compiling TCC on Windows
Date: Wed, 2 Mar 2016 19:27:12 +0100

Dear TCC community,

I’m new to the world of TCC and I am very amazed by libtcc and I have the perfect use/need for it.

I am using TCC 0.9.26 on a Windows 10 64-Bit machine and my first tests indicated that everything works great.

I moved on and included libtcc in a Qt (C++) project. My problem is that in 35% of the cases the application (the Qt project) crashes with “SIGIL – Illegal Instruction” upon running the compiled code. My real problem is that I have no way of debugging this. Even if I launch it in the debugger. There’s no output of TCC on stderr – everything compiles just fine without warnings.

Google didn’t help a lot on this one besides this commit: http://repo.or.cz/w/tinycc.git/commit/807dc7c8de2dcb0365c15b9c2a43ad0c195513dd
Therefore, I tried to compile TCC myself on Windows using MSYS2 but sadly I don’t succeed. After running ./configure I get the following error:

libtcc.c: In function ‘tcc_print_stats’:

libtcc.c:2300:5: internal compiler error: Segmentation fault

     tt = (double)total_time / 1000000.0;

     ^

Please submit a full bug report,

See <http://gcc.gnu.org/bugs.html> for instructions.

Makefile:234: recipe for target 'libtcc.o' failed

make: *** [libtcc.o] Error 1

I am using the stock GCC / MinGW compiler that comes with MSYS2. Any ideas?

So after that didn’t work either I read that one should disable compiler optimization to prevent bugs. However, the documentation didn’t tell me how I can enable or disable optimisation. Any pointers on that?

I understand that this depends on many things and there are many details missing. But I tried not to bloat this e-mail with too many information that might not even be necessary. I can of course provide any additional information if that helps to fix this issue.

Thank you guys in advance.

Best regards,

~ Joel Bodenmann