Re: [Tinycc-devel] gcc/tcc nested macros difference

From: Edmund Grimley Evans
Subject: Re: [Tinycc-devel] gcc/tcc nested macros difference
Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2016 16:55:02 +0100

> PS: We can change meaning of the -E and -E1. Then -E will add a space
> char after macro expansion and -E1 can be used for the pp tests.
> Otherwise this problem can not be solved.

Several solutions have already been suggested:

- Make -E add spaces in the same way that GCC adds them (if that's not
too complicated).
- Instead of generating the .expect file with GCC, make it compatible with TCC.
- Use something like "diff -w".
- Rewrite the tests not to use -E.

The problem is not so urgent that it's worth fixing it badly.

Also, what is the point of having a -E1 option that is only used by
tests that test something that nobody uses?

Edmund