Re: [Tinycc-devel] Inserting spaces in output from -E

From: Michael Matz
Subject: Re: [Tinycc-devel] Inserting spaces in output from -E
Date: Thu, 5 May 2016 01:33:10 +0200 (CEST)

Hi,

On Wed, 4 May 2016, Edmund Grimley Evans wrote:

Proposed patch attached. Proposed log message:

   Insert spaces between certain tokens when tcc is invoked with -E.

   Insert a space when it is required to prevent mistokenisation of
   the output, and also in a few cases where it is not strictly
   required, imitating GCC's behaviour.

Comments?

Yes: I like it much better than the previous attempt, it's changing the right place, the routine that actually writes stuff, instead of inside the tokenizer. One remark: I believe in the tcc_preprocess routine s1->ppfp is always set, otherwise it wouldn't have been called.

Ciao,
Michael.