Re: [Tinycc-devel] core dump on FreeBSD with last commit "configure: --t

From: Michael Matz
Subject: Re: [Tinycc-devel] core dump on FreeBSD with last commit "configure: --triplet= option, Makefile: cleanup"
Date: Tue, 18 Oct 2016 17:39:35 +0200 (CEST)

Hi,

On Tue, 18 Oct 2016, Michael Matz wrote:

> But not on linux-x86-64 anymore :-/  I think trying to fix things for a
> system one doesn't have access to is futile.  FWIW, your recent patch did,
> amongst other things:
>
>  #ifndef CONFIG_LDDIR
> -# ifdef TCC_TARGET_X86_64
> -#   define CONFIG_LDDIR "lib64"
> -# else
> -#   define CONFIG_LDDIR "lib"
> -# endif
> +# define CONFIG_LDDIR "lib"
>  #endif

Hmm and now I see that this hunk also generally breaks building the target
compilers like x86_64-tcc, because they don't get NATIVE_DEFINES from
config.mak, and hence no -DCONFIG_LDDIR even if configure would have found
the correct one, so it now defaults to /lib, and boom.

Hmm.  The state before was arguably broken as well, but in practice less
broken than now :)

Ciao,
Michael.