[Tinycc-devel] Is TCC good learning material?

From: Stefanos Baziotis
Subject: [Tinycc-devel] Is TCC good learning material?
Date: Mon, 2 Sep 2019 02:34:08 +0300

Hello everyone,

I'm new to TCC and I'm fascinated in what it can accomplish for its size.

I'm passionate about compilers and I'd like to dive in TCC.
Do you think it's good learning material? I'm not a complete beginner.
i.e. I can program a minijava compiler in hours, I'm contributing in 2 D
compilers and I can navigate through Clang easily.
OTOH, I can't understand a thing in GCC and TCC :/. The documentation did
not help much either.

Is this normal? How much time it takes roughly? And should I stick with it
or just leave it for when I'm more experienced?

Kind regards,
- Stefanos