Re: [Tinycc-devel] RISC-V support

From: Christian Jullien
Subject: Re: [Tinycc-devel] RISC-V support
Date: Mon, 2 Sep 2019 06:32:34 +0200

Michael,

First of all, I would like to send you huge thanks for your investments in tcc
project.
RISC-V backend is, IMHO a very valuable addition to tcc even if the number of
real hardware is currently low.
I'm very impatient to have access to real board now.

I'll try to contact the few RISC-V vendors to ask them to add one of their
machines to the gnufarm.

The very least thing I can do is to test tcc on machines you don't have access
to and I'm very glad to tell you that my Windows 32/64 backends tcc
reproducible builds still work ROOTB.

As usual, you did a very good job.

May I suggest you to add a copyright/license header for the new files you added
+ section on RELICENSING?

Question, what RISC-V flavor(s) do you support, i.e. what is the minimal RSIC-V
subset do you require? If I've read correctly, RISC-V is a modular architecture
with optional features (hard float, MMU..)

C.