[Tinycc-devel] RISC-V support

From: Michael Matz
Subject: [Tinycc-devel] RISC-V support
Date: Mon, 2 Sep 2019 00:42:02 +0200 (CEST)

Hi,

On Fri, 21 Jun 2019, Larry Doolittle wrote:

Every compiler has its own benefits. That's why tcc still exists
in particular. :)

Right.  Wake me when clang can target MSP430 and microblaze.

Adding RISC-V support to tcc would be _extremely_ interesting.

Pushed to mob. Tested on openSUSE and Debian riscv64 distros, but only via a qemu, not on real hardware. The thing is enough to compile itself and the full testsuite, so it's reasonably complete (e.g. the fancy argument passing and long double support is there). No compressed code is generated, inline asm isn't supported. Given the limitations of the TCC code generator the quality of the generated code is on par with the other architectures (i.e. horrible :-) ).

I did my best to test the other targets, but only checked armhf, aarch64, i386 and x86-64 on linux; i.e. the windows backends weren't checked.

Still, have fun.

Ciao,
Michael.