Re: [Tinycc-devel] Outdated .def files

From: Christian Jullien
Subject: Re: [Tinycc-devel] Outdated .def files
Date: Sun, 19 Sep 2021 06:29:25 +0200

GetVersionEx is also odd as it is stuck to 8 the version it returns for
Windows 10 and 11 by default.
To make it return the right version you need to call mt tool with a manifest
file like below.
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes" ?>
<assembly xmlns="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:asm.v1" manifestVersion="1.0">
 <description>OpenLisp by Eligis</description>
 <assemblyIdentity
     name="OpenLisp"
     version="11.3.0.0"
     processorArchitecture="*"
     publicKeyToken="0000000000000000"
     type="win32" />
 <compatibility xmlns="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:compatibility.v1">
  <application>
   <!-- Supports Windows Vista functionality -->
   <supportedOS Id="{e2011457-1546-43c5-a5fe-008deee3d3f0}" />
   <!-- Supports Windows 7 functionality -->
   <supportedOS Id="{35138b9a-5d96-4fbd-8e2d-a2440225f93a}" />
   <!-- Supports Windows 8 functionality -->
   <supportedOS Id="{4a2f28e3-53b9-4441-ba9c-d69d4a4a6e38}" />
   <!-- Supports Windows 8.1 functionality -->
   <supportedOS Id="{1f676c76-80e1-4239-95bb-83d0f6d0da78}" />
   <!-- Supports Windows 10 functionality -->
   <supportedOS Id="{8e0f7a12-bfb3-4fe8-b9a5-48fd50a15a9a}" />
  </application>
 </compatibility>
 <!-- Identify the application security requirements. -->
 <trustInfo xmlns="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:asm.v3">
  <security>
   <requestedPrivileges>
    <requestedExecutionLevel level="asInvoker" uiAccess="false" />
   </requestedPrivileges>
  </security>
 </trustInfo>
</assembly>

But tcc has no mt patching tool as you know.
To let tcc toolchain working without other Microsoft VC++ tools I wrote my
on mt version and I asked the group the permission to push it but got no
reply.
The tool is here:
https://sourceforge.net/p/wintcc/svn/HEAD/tree/ports/mt/mt.c
Feel free to take it if you like. It may be part of tcc front end like "tcc
-mt" similar to "tcc -ar"

Christian