tramp-devel

Re: tramp (2.5.1.3 nil/nil); Add Guix System remote path

From: Michael Albinus
Subject: Re: tramp (2.5.1.3 nil/nil); Add Guix System remote path
Date: Sat, 09 Oct 2021 17:17:34 +0200

Vivien Kraus via <tramp-devel@gnu.org> writes:

> Dear tramp developers,

Hi Vivien,

> Guix system stores system-installed packages in
>
>   "/run/current-system/profile/bin" "/run/current-system/profile/sbin"
>
> Unfortunately, getconf is unable to produce useful results on a Guix
> System server.
>
> In:
>
> https://guix.gnu.org/manual/devel/en/guix.html#operating_002dsystem-Reference
>
> you see that the system-installed packages [are] "installed in the
> global profile, which is accessible at /run/current-system/profile."
>
> Would you please add these paths to the default?

It will be a pleasure for me to expand tramp-default-remote-path to guix
specific paths. When "getconf PATH" doesn't work properly, we need
another indiciation for guix. What does "uname -sr" return on a guix
system? Or is there something else which helps us to determine a guix system?

> Best regards,
>
> Vivien

Best regards, Michael.