Re: [Traverso-devel] Behaviour of mute/solo

From: Remon Sijrier
Subject: Re: [Traverso-devel] Behaviour of mute/solo
Date: Mon, 25 Sep 2006 21:31:05 +0200

Good evening,

> I experienced some HD overloads on my Samplitude DAW, but only occassionaly
> in huge projects with crossfades. There was probably also some OS related
> HD activity in the background.

Still fighting with the refill scheme, but now my test case has some more
audio sources.
To get an idea of a 'large' project, how many audio sources are you thinking
about?
I've loaded 6 stereo and 24 mono files at the moment.

The 'stuttering' effect happens almost always now when unsoloing, which isn't
nice. The buffer size doesn't matter much, even with large buffers the effect
also appears, perhaps I'm doing something wrong....

Also, using larger buffers makes seeking on this kind of projects take a long
long time :-(
Even when using a buffer size of only ~ 0.7 second of buffering (== 128 KB
buffer @ 44100 Hz)

Anyways, it would be nice to know if ~ 36 channels would count as a large
project.

Thanks,