unity-src

RE: [Unity-irc3] Banning from the entire network, part two

From: C.W.L. Hoogenboezem
Subject: RE: [Unity-irc3] Banning from the entire network, part two
Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2003 08:41:49 +0200

Lol. I should learn to first read -all- of the messages being posted,
-then- reply. I now get you we're heading for a levelbased network,
where servers can have levels from 0 to 255? I think this idea is pretty
good - it's quite useful in a lot of things, and takes away manual
election of various aspects of an IRC network, like networkwide bans.

So we're talking about two different levels; userlevels (more like
operlevels), and serverlevels. I assume we take 8 bits for both,
allowing us to chose 255 possible levels. What I'm concerned about
however, is that the rights corresponding to these levels either should
be hardcoded into the ircd (or defined with a shellscript to inject them
into the Makefile), or are they defined in the ircd.conf? I don't think
userlevels<->userrights will be a problem to define. Jast, you were
thinking to define these serverrights onto an sauth server?

Jast, I don't know if you are aware of the following, but RFC's should
initially be presented as Internet-drafts:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1id-guidelines.txt

Best regards,
Chris Hoogenboezem