Re: [VM] Threading using subject

From: Goran Uddeborg
Subject: Re: [VM] Threading using subject
Date: Wed, 16 May 2012 07:24:22 +0000 (UTC)

On 2012-05-12 Uday Reddy <address@hidden> wrote:
> So, the question is, should we change the default value of
> `vm-thread-using-subject' to nil?

Would just changing the default help?  As long as the option is there,
I guess the code has to support it.

It is very rare for threading using subject to give any false hits, in
my experience.  So I don't think it hurts.

At the same time, I don't really know how often it actually makes any
difference.  Maybe it doesn't happen very often, as you say.  In that
case, it wouldn't matter too much for it to go, either.

So I don't really have a strong opinion either way.  But I don't see
the point of just changing the default.  If it is obscure code you
want to get rid of, I would assume you would have to remove the option
altogether.  Not just change its default.