[VM] VM manual [Re: Mainly: How do you use virtual folders every day?]

From: Stefan . Grosshauser
Subject: [VM] VM manual [Re: Mainly: How do you use virtual folders every day?]
Date: Sun, 20 Jan 2013 13:42:16 +0100

> > (i) I found a html version of the vm.info document in my /usr/share/doc/vm
> > and found it very useful
> So you prefer html to info?  It is nice of your Linux distribution to create
> the html version.  It is not part of the offical build.  Which Linux
> distribution do you use?

I used the package in the Debian squeeze repository, see:
http://packages.debian.org/squeeze/all/vm/filelist

These days I look much more often directly into info. But I still like to fill
the bookmarks toolbar of the browser with often used documentation pages,
preferably somewhere in a local folder so that I can read them e.g. in a train.

> Ideally, we should have the VM manual in HTML and PDF on the web.  But
> Savannah hosting site is a bit too complicated for me to figure out how to
> upload things.  I could use some help in uploading releases to Savannah.
> Any volunteers?
I can try to help you with that, if it's welcome.

Stefan