Re: [VM] Mainly: How do you use virtual folders every day? and other que

From: Stefan . Grosshauser
Subject: Re: [VM] Mainly: How do you use virtual folders every day? and other questions
Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2013 22:50:19 +0100

Thank you both a lot for your kind and detailed explanations! This way me and
others can reuse some of your experiences.

I have tried out sorting away messages with filter like the following and look
at mail from several folders altogether with a virtual folder called "inbox".
In order to receive new mail while visiting this virtual folder I type 'g' and
vm asks me for all the passwords and retrieves mail, which is okay for me.

Johan Vromans schrieb am Saturday, January 19:
> Sometimes I archive mail that has been dealt with, e.g. business mail,
> but most often I do not. Every month, I move the INBOX to INBOX.YYYYMM,
> and the INBOX I work with is a virtual folder consisting of the current
> INBOX, and the old INBOXes of the past three months. This way I keep the
> mails that I have online limited to 1000-2000.

I also like your archiving method, Johan. Have not yet configured it here,
though.

have a nice evening everyone
Stefan

;; Examples:
(setq vm-auto-folder-alist
      '(
      ("^\\(From\\|Sender\\): " ("\\(foo\\|bar\\|another\\)" . "newsletters"))

       )
)

(setq vm-virtual-folder-alist
      '(