Re: [VM] Mainly: How do you use virtual folders every day? and other que

From: Kyle Farrell
Subject: Re: [VM] Mainly: How do you use virtual folders every day? and other questions
Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2013 09:51:21 -0800

Just to add my $0.02 on using virtual folders.  I tend to use a lot of
virtual folders at work.  I'm subscribed to a ton of internal email
lists.  I bind vm-switch-to-folder to a handy key (I use "`"), then
finding a folder is simply ` followed by C-s and a few characters of
the folder name.  By creating a folder for various teams I work with
(which may be one or more mailing lists), this makes it easy to get
through mail associated with the team.

What is missing for me is a summary view of all folders.  Something
that could show each folder and the number of unread messages similar
to Outlook's summary (sorry! I shouldn't mention that product).  Seems
like this could be some sort of speedbar integration.

Not saying what I do is ideal.  Posting here has proved to me that
other's often have better solutions!

-Kyle