vrs-development

Re: [Vrs-development] GW API for C#

From: Chris Smith
Subject: Re: [Vrs-development] GW API for C#
Date: Tue, 30 Jul 2002 14:00:47 +0100

On Tuesday 30 July 2002 03:32, Eric Altendorf wrote:
> Chris,
>
> I'm starting to think that a C# API for Goldwater is probably higher
> priority than Java, at least for this project, since we want to write
> the VRS code in C#.
>
> What all will it take to write such an API?  What code/documentation
> can I look at to see the GW internal low-level API, and what can I
> look at to get an idea of what a higher-level, one-per-language API
> might look like?

You need to make heavy use of portable nets pInvoke function.
I've had quite a few chats with Gopal on this, so Gopal and Rhys are your men
in that area.

If you can deal with perl, then looking at the Perl wrappers in the source
distribution is a good place to start as you'll see it calling the lower
level API stuff.

--
Chris Smith
  Technical Architect - netFluid Technology Ltd.