vrs-development

Re: [Vrs-development] GW API for C#

From: Eric Altendorf
Subject: Re: [Vrs-development] GW API for C#
Date: Tue, 30 Jul 2002 11:40:59 -0700

sorry.  resend.  originally sent this just to chris.

On Tuesday 30 July 2002 06:00, Chris Smith wrote:
> You need to make heavy use of portable nets pInvoke function.
> I've had quite a few chats with Gopal on this, so Gopal and Rhys
> are your men in that area.
>
> If you can deal with perl, then looking at the Perl wrappers in the
> source distribution is a good place to start as you'll see it
> calling the lower level API stuff.

OK.  I browsed all the header files in gwlib/, took another look at
the examples, and the Perl wrappers, and it looks to me like, at a
purely technical level, we need to wrapper these functions...  let me
know if I'm missing any.

gwlog.h:
        gw_logf()
        gw_errorstr()

gwapi.h:
        gw_send_reply()
        __gw_get_request()
        __gw_complete_request()

gwclient.h:
        gw_svc_call()
        gw_init()
        gw_release()
        gw_free_message()

The above list is pretty sort, and so I don't imagine this is going
 to be a big job, but I will need to understand the low-level GW API
 a little better before I would know how to best write an
object-oriented high-level wrapper.

Chris, do you think you could write up a short API spec for GW...???
Specifically, what functions are part of the API, their arguments,
return values, errors, and generally their semantics?  That would
really rock.  :-)

eric
--
"First they ignore you.  Then they laugh at you.
 Then they fight you.  And then you win."             -Gandhi