www-es-general

[GNU-traductores] Subtitles for a 2001 speech by RMS

From: Thérèse Godefroy
Subject: [GNU-traductores] Subtitles for a 2001 speech by RMS
Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2016 14:46:45 +0200

Hello,

Someone in the French team recently made subtitles (both French and
English) for the video speech of 2001 about Free Software [1], which
already has Spanish subtitles [2]. Since they were made with Subtitle
Editor [3], they follow the speech rather well and are usually shorter
than the Spanish version.

While trying to adjust the Spanish subtitles to the new timing, I
noticed a couple of suspicious-looking words ("gratuito" where I would
have expected "libre"), and a few missing sentences.

The English and Spanish subtitles (new timing) are attached. The English
version has been checked against the video by several people. I think it
is essentially correct.

I would appreciate your input about the new splitting pattern. Do you
think it is better than the old one, or is it too fragmented?

Kind regards,
Thérèse

[1] https://audio-video.gnu.org/video/rms-jan-07-01.ogg
[2] https://audio-video.gnu.org/video/rms-jan-07-01.es.srt