xnee-devel

[Xnee-devel] Questions about the record and replay the whole X protocol

From: natalia armas
Subject: [Xnee-devel] Questions about the record and replay the whole X protocol on xnee
Date: Fri, 8 Jul 2011 14:05:34 +0200

Hello,

I need to record the whole  X protocol for a late replay. I noticed that cnee is able to record and replay just the mouse and the keyboard events. I need the replay of the whole recorded protocol ( window creation, gc creation, pixmaps creation, draw X). In fact my purpose is to obtain a kind of video while replaying, to have exactly the same windows created, the same content that i had on my desktop when I was recording.
I tried the xnee 3.08, on command line (cnee).

Can you please tell me if there is a version or a xnee project  that would be able to replay not only the events, but also the queries and other protocol data?

If not, can you please give me some advice in order to arrive to make my recording and replaying?
I would like also to have more development details(the structure of the output file) or some more advanced  cnee examples (because in the manual there are few and are using only the mouse and keyboard events).

Thank you a lot for all your help.
Best regards,
Natalia ARMAS
Student in Applied Mathematics at INSA(Nation Institute of Applied Sciences) , Rouen France.