xnee-devel

[Xnee-devel] does xnee replay other X data than mouse and keyboard event

From: natalia84
Subject: [Xnee-devel] does xnee replay other X data than mouse and keyboard events?
Date: Fri, 8 Jul 2011 05:51:43 -0700 (PDT)

Good afternoon,

I need to record the whole  X protocol for a late replay. I noticed that
cnee is able to record and replay just the mouse and the keyboard events. I
need the replay of the whole recorded protocol ( window creation, gc
creation, pixmaps creation, draw X). In fact my purpose is to obtain a kind
of video while replaying, to have exactly the same windows created, the same
content that i had on my desktop when I was recording.
I made my tests on xnee 3.08, on command line (cnee). I'm using Ubuntu
10.10.

Can you please tell me if there is a version or a xnee project  that would
be able to replay not only the events, but also the queries and other
protocol data?

If not, can you please give me some advice in order to arrive to make my
recording and replaying?
I would like also to have more development details(the structure of the
output file) or some more advanced  cnee examples (because in the manual
there are few and are using only the mouse and keyboard events).

Thank you a lot for your answers.
Best regards,