Re: [Adonthell-general] Problems starting the game

From: Alexandre Courbot
Subject: Re: [Adonthell-general] Problems starting the game
Date: 27 Apr 2002 11:09:34 +0200

> We could possibly let the player character utter some random remarks
> here and there without any further interaction. Your example remark is
> already very fitting (if somewhat mysterious). In fact, as python is
> able to detect the OS at runtime, we wouldn't even have to make a
> 'special' Windows version. Unter a unixish OS, those 'easter-eggs' would
> be suppressed automatically.
>
> If you like the idea, I'll have a deeper look into that :).
> More text snippets are appreciated too.

Easter eggs, why not :) My initial idea was to put a "What is Free
Software?" Entry in the start menu (Yeah, I love start menu ;)),
explaining that Adonthell is free, that you are encouraged to distribute
it, and giving some pointers to get started with GNU/Linux and such.
Some random remarks about Linux in the game might amuse the player
(which is a good start), but in this case he might want to see some more
complete and concrete information.

About the text snippets, uh... That's quite hard to find, because they
must be short but still understandable, even by non  free software
aware.

Alex.
--
http://www.gnurou.org