Re: [Adonthell-general] Double screen mode available

From: Kai Sterker
Subject: Re: [Adonthell-general] Double screen mode available
Date: Sat, 27 Apr 2002 21:23:09 +0200

On 27 Apr 2002 20:34:16 +0200 Alexandre Courbot wrote:

> Hi guys,
>
> I've added the double screen option to Waste's Edge. You now have a
> new parameter in your config file (don't forget to delete it before
> anything), that will default to 1, to set the video mode to 640x480.
> Along with the rid of hard-coded data directory and Kai's bugfixes,
> this will make a more suitable binary for you to play with Monday! :)

Cool! But shouldn't it be called double-size instead of double-screen?
;)

> Hardware acceleration will really be welcome when making large
> translucencies.

Could it be a problem that we don't switch to fullscreen immediatly?
Although, as it seems our binaries don't make use of DirectX for some
reason, so that shouldn't have anything to do with it. I read a bit in
the SDL doc and FAQ, but there is nothing about that problem in there.
Maybe searching on the mailing list does reveal something.

> I had to mess a bit the surface API, which has become a bit messy, but
> as it won't make it out of 0.3, that's not serious.

Nah, it's probably okay for a temporary hack. Not sure if you should
enable it by default though. Actually, if we manage 320x240 fullscreen
mode under windows, it's not really neccessary at all. (Although there
were a number of people asking for it, so somebody might be interested
in running it 640x480 in window mode.)

And 320x240 definately doesn't work under BeOS. I'll have to check if
the new dialogue engine fixes the problems there, and if it works the
double size mode is welcome :).