[Adonthell-general] Rules question

From: Andrew Michael Phillips
Subject: [Adonthell-general] Rules question
Date: Sun, 14 Jul 2002 22:16:13 -0500 (CDT)

Nils, Ben,

Looking at the attribute/property table, I'm wondering if the rules allow
for changes in the speed of movement outside of combat. Is it possible,
for example, for an item or such to allow the character quicker movement?
I think it would be useful to have such a modifier. Long distances could
get tedious if there were no way to move more quickly.

In combat, of course, "dodge" is just running away from specific ranged
attacks and parry is pushing melee attacks aside. Is it possible for a
character to run away entirely? On the other end of the scale, will there
be anything in the game which could 'freeze' or slow the character's
movement? Could there be?

A more basic question would be: what will the battle system look like?

Also, thinking about racial special abilities, I'm wondering about what
low-level versions of 'improve weapons' and 'improve armor' for Dwarves.
First off, will the weapons and armor in the game wear out in time? If so,
a clvl Dwarf might have one free ability - repair item. I don't think a
low-level Dwarf would have any spare power to put into his armor and
weapons, unless they were already of superior quality and he could risk
runemarking them because he expected to keep them. Upper level Dwarves
would have power enough to runemark weapons or armor with some left to
spare, but not low level characters. Am I off-and-wrong about this?

Andrew

--
All that is gold does not glitter,
  Not all those who wander are lost;