Re: [Adonthell-general] Rules question

From: Nils Fohrbeck
Subject: Re: [Adonthell-general] Rules question
Date: Mon, 15 Jul 2002 08:39:43 +0200

address@hidden schrieb am 15.07.02 05:17:18:
> Nils, Ben,
>
> Looking at the attribute/property table, I'm wondering if the rules allow
> for changes in the speed of movement outside of combat. Is it possible,
> for example, for an item or such to allow the character quicker movement?
> I think it would be useful to have such a modifier. Long distances could
> get tedious if there were no way to move more quickly.
>
> In combat, of course, "dodge" is just running away from specific ranged
> attacks and parry is pushing melee attacks aside. Is it possible for a
> character to run away entirely? On the other end of the scale, will there
> be anything in the game which could 'freeze' or slow the character's
> movement? Could there be?
>
> A more basic question would be: what will the battle system look like?
>
> Also, thinking about racial special abilities, I'm wondering about what
> low-level versions of 'improve weapons' and 'improve armor' for Dwarves.
> First off, will the weapons and armor in the game wear out in time? If so,
> a clvl Dwarf might have one free ability - repair item. I don't think a
> low-level Dwarf would have any spare power to put into his armor and
> weapons, unless they were already of superior quality and he could risk
> runemarking them because he expected to keep them. Upper level Dwarves
> would have power enough to runemark weapons or armor with some left to
> spare, but not low level characters. Am I off-and-wrong about this?
>
> Andrew

Well all these questions are not yet answert. The idea we had when we created
the rules system was to make it as versatile as possible, so we could add ideas
later. So if we decide that improved speed is a good thing (I would say so) we
can just create an item like Boots ofd speed to increase the character's
movement. For fast movement over the map we should have teleporters (Diablo), a
bird (Zelda) a cannon (Secret of mana) or any other means of transportation.

Nils
All inclusive! 100 MB Speicher, SMS 50% gunstiger, 32 MB Attachment-Gro?e,
Preisvorteile und mehr unter http://club.web.de/?mc=021104