Re: [Adonthell-general] Rules question

From: Andrew Michael Phillips
Subject: Re: [Adonthell-general] Rules question
Date: Mon, 15 Jul 2002 23:25:38 -0500 (CDT)

On Mon, 15 Jul 2002, Kai Sterker wrote:

> And as Nils said, there'll be ways for quick travelling, although they'd
> need to be fitting with our game world. I'm a little sceptical about
> cannonball rides and the like (although we definately need some funny
> bits as well), but there are plenty of possibilites.

One idea that I had was for Elven teleportals - standing stones which have
been imbued with so much power that they can take move anyone or any group
to any other known portal, the nearest safe area, or all the way home.

They would be hard to find, especially for Humans and Dwarves, but still
there and still powerful enough to be used. You just have to know where
you're going. Otherwise, something odd may happen.

Elves would use these most easily, of course. Half-Elves with enough power
might sing the Song of the Pegasus to summon a Pegasus or group of such to
carry them (or their parties).

Elves and Dwarves, however, might have less need for teleporation. Both
races are generally very good at covering distances. The Humans would be
most at a disadvantage.

Andrew
--
All that is gold does not glitter,