Re: [Adonthell-general] Fw: link exchange

From: Kai Sterker
Subject: Re: [Adonthell-general] Fw: link exchange
Date: Tue, 1 Oct 2002 14:45:53 +0200

On Tue, 1 Oct 2002 14:13:58 +0200 Alexandre Courbot wrote:

> I wonder if a link visible on all our pages would be fair. So far,
> every article has his link in the "links" section, which is fine.
> Linuxgaming is not a site that hosts us or that allow people to vote
> for the game. Considering the traffic on the site (many stories
> haven't been read yet, with an average of 8 reads per stories on the
> front page)

Yeah, but those are the stories that lack a [read more] link. So there's
no way to count how often they've been read ;). (I was wondering about
that as well, first.)

>, it clearly wouldn't generate much traffic. Not that I
> don't like the site, on the contrary - it's very clear, seems to be
> updated often, and I'll visit it as well when seeking for news about
> games. But nothing speaks for such a big link on all our pages, IMO.

Maybe you're right. But we could add a link on the start page (and maybe
some others) at least. I mean, it's one small image thingy. Having it or
not makes no big difference for us, and if it'll help the guys - why not
:). After all we want to support linux gaming!