Re: [Adonthell-general] Want to use

From: Kai Sterker
Subject: Re: [Adonthell-general] Want to use
Date: Fri, 29 Nov 2002 19:09:46 +0100

On Fri, 29 Nov 2002 13:25:28 +0100 Nils Fohrbeck wrote:

> It is nice to see that you like the library. As far as items and magic
> are concerned you are very wlcome to work with us. Whenever you have
> any intersting ideas, just tell us about it.

Yeah, it's nice to see that other people are interested in what we're
doing.

Just a word of warning: don't expect that creating a game with the
current engine will be as smooth as the WasteƄs Edge demo might
indicate. There's a lack of documentation and lack of proper map-making
tools. Another thing is the engine itself, which will undergo some
changes in the future. For example, resolution will be 640x480 - you're
not the only one who wondered about it being 320x240 ;). There'll be
other changes that affect the file format and API.

OTOH, a lot of work involves making graphics, dialogues and such, which
is pretty much independent from the engine. So if you're patient enough
to wait for features being added and for tools being written, then
you're very welcome to make your own game with the engine. Even better
if you could lend a hand here and there :).