Re: [Adonthell-general] MacOS X package questions

From: Kai Sterker
Subject: Re: [Adonthell-general] MacOS X package questions
Date: Thu, 20 Feb 2003 17:58:51 +0100

On Wed, 19 Feb 2003 12:53:25 +0100 Nils Fohrbeck wrote:

> I really like the idea of having it all together. I just makes using
> the programm so much more convinient.

I thought so as well. That also means it doesn't need an actual
installer. Everything can go into a disk image (.dmg) and to "install",
you'd simple drag'n drop the file to whatever place you want.

>  And we can still expand the in
> game options, so that the config file needs not to be acessed
> direktly...

Well, at least for later versions (i.e. v0.4). Anyway, the default
options should be okay for practically anyone.

Two more things that I wanted to ask/mention:

First: Does Python 2.2 come with OSX 10.2? I believe it was there
(without the headers and possibly libpython). In that case, Adonthell
should run just fine (as I linked it statically). Otherwise, I would
have to add those scripts and object files Python needs to the package.

So could somebody like Ben or JT check, please?

Second: since you cannot pass any commandline arguments when launching
an application via the Finder, it'll automatically run Waste's Edge.
That seemed to be the easiest and most convenient way of doing it.
For v0.4, I suggest we make a graphical game launcher that lets people
chose from the installed games. This will greatly simplify things on
systems where people usually don't use commandlines. Even for people
that use commandlines, it will simplify things somewhat :).